Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Guacamole Grilled Cheese

Who would have thought that putting guacamole on grilled cheese would be so delicious? I love avocados and I love guacamole. I also LOVE cheese. I used extra old white cheddar but any sharp cheddar will do. You could use other cheeses as well. Something with lots of flavour though, otherwise you’ll only taste the guacamole.

I chose to use croissants instead of bread because they already have lots of delicious butter in them (no bread buttering required). If you’re going to use bread instead, be sure to butter the outside pieces before putting it in the pan.




Guacamole Grilled Cheese
Makes 2 sandwiches

Ingredients
  • 1 small ripe avocado
  • ¼ cup chopped tomato
  • 1 tablespoon minced onion (I used yellow)
  • 2 tablespoons minced cilantro (or parsley)
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 2 butter croissants (or 4 slices of bread)
  • Slices of cheddar (I cut mine from a brick, you could get slices at the deli I suppose)
Directions
  1. For the guacamole; peel the avocado and remove the pit. Cut it into chunks and place it in a bowl. Add, tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix it up with a fork. You can keep it as chunky as you like, or make it smooth.
  2. Cut your croissants in half and divide the guacamole between the two. Spread it evenly. Place cheese on top of the guacamole. I put a lot. I like mine cheesy. Place the top of the croissant on.
  3. Heat the pan over medium low. Low and slow, otherwise the croissants will burn before the cheese melts. The thing about these is that you can’t press them down with the spatula as you might with a regular grilled cheese. If you do, the guacamole will come out the sides and you don’t want that! So just place the croissants in the pan, cheese side down, and be patient. This will take some time. I actually put a small baking sheet over the pan to help the cheese melt a bit. This worked out well!
  4. Once you see the cheese starting to melt and the bottom becomes crispy, flip it over and cook on the other side. Serve warm!

Comments

  1. Guac rocks and this looks fantastic on a croissant! I'd love this for lunch right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pictures are making me drool on my keyboard.

    dfkfghskdjgfhg...ok, that's better. Had to wipe it off.

    This sandwich is on my must make list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love croissants! This sounds so simple yet extremely delicious! Please view my Breakfast grilled cheese (#43).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fantastic creation from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great combination for a Grilled Cheese, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We made our grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner too, they make an easy and quick dinner. This looks so good, and I love the croissant instead of regular bread. Stopping by from CCC #9.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, that croissant sounds like a very yummy bread option!! Thanks for dropping by Happy Hour Projects (#20). I am loving all these grilled cheese ideas!! :)

    Adrianne
    Happy Hour Projects

    ReplyDelete
  8. definitely a unique twist on a old favorite. There were a couple on croissant something I would never have thought. I need to come back to our posts next time I am hungry. #63

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts