Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Soft Sugar Cookies

If you like sugar cookies, then you'll probably like these. Even though I added some nutmeg to the recipe, I still found them a little blah. I've never really been a fan of sugar cookies because of the blah factor, but I keep giving it a try thinking that one day I may have a change of heart.

So here you go, a recipe for soft sugar cookies, that taste like sugar cookies!




Soft Sugar Cookies
Adapted from Allrecipes
Makes 48 cookies

Ingredients
  • 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • extra sugar for rolling
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
  2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in a bowl and set aside.
  3. Combine the butter and sugar in a mixer and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix for another minute. Then I added the dry ingredients all at once and mixed just until combined. Remember to scrape down the bowl now and then.
  4. Take walnut sizes scoops of dough and roll them into balls. Roll the balls in sugar and place them on the baking sheet about 2" apart. Flatten the balls just a little with your hand.
  5. Bake for 12 minutes or until they start to turn golden around the edges.
  6. Let the cookies cool for a minute on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack.

Comments

  1. Soft and chewy sugar cookies are the very best! Yours look great....I wish I would have been able to participate this month but I am out of town visiting my four month old granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts